Thursday, January 23, 2014

Seeing Hearts: Quirky Miracles


I have been seeing hearts everywhere for about a month. It all started when I noticed a little tiny heart that appeared on a bead of my rosary. I don't know where it came from, what it's made out of, or when exactly it appeared. One day I noticed it there as I was spinning the bead as I prayed. I took it as a little gift from God. It made me happy and I would smile every time I saw it.

The second heart that I noticed was cemetery Sacred Heart.



Since then there have been other hearts. Let's see...there was ketchup heart, wood knot heart, tree shape heart, texture chipped away from ceiling heart, oatmeal lid heart, shadow heart, actual hearts that I happen to glance at at the perfect moment as I pass by. I take them as little miracles which point me toward greater devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I look at it as Mary leading me straight to Jesus, and now Jesus keeps reminding me to keep looking at his love and mercy.


What's funny is that before seeing these little hearts everywhere I had absolutely NO interest in the Sacred Heart. At all. I would see blog posts about the devotion, and I would say to myself, "I admire their devotion, but I'm just not into that." (Right at this moment I looked down and saw pencil shaving heart, haha). This is the same way that God got my attention with St. Faustina and Divine Mercy. Of course, it could all be coincidence, but I choose to live in a state of expectation of Providence. :)


I can't tell you what's happening with it at this moment. I haven't done much reading about the Sacred Heart, only drawn 2 images of it. I do hope that God will keep sending me hearts. I think that it's very important for me to know about the love and mercy of Jesus because when I was studying Christianity and first converted, I saw Jesus more for His righteous judgment than his compassion. Reading the gospels he always seemed a little harsh to me. I could picture him gazing at me with disapproval more easily than I could imagine looking on me with love.

Drawn in Draw Something 2 app on my phone about 4 months ago. Don't know why I drew it.
Drawn with chalk pastels 2 days ago and hung in my bathroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment